Monday, March 7, 2011

Top Secret: Do you tell your wedding details?


Secret, originally uploaded by Barbara Bedoni.
A common dilemma on one of my favorite wedding boards, is wedding details either being "borrowed" by a friend or family member before the brides wedding day or people putting down her wedding ideas. This leads to the question: should you share your wedding details?

On the one hand it is helpful to get feedback on your ideas since others can sometime see the things we miss. And of course we are so excited about our plans and want to talk about them to someone. But then again we want our wedding to be unique and don’t want all of our creative ideas to be old by the time our wedding comes around since every one and their mama used them. And if everyone is telling you that your popcorn bar is a lame idea, it can take some of the fun out of it.

I have to admit that I am a little secretive about my plans. There is a small group that I get feedback from but most of the good stuff is between Mr. Modern and I. We really want an element of surprise, even for our bridal party. I guess I'm going to be leaking a little more with my blog, but I plan to be sneaky about it :)

So how many of your wedding details do you share?

No comments:

Post a Comment